CAREERS AT ROOTS
Do you want to cultivate wonder into a lifetime of opportunity?
Roots Elementary envisions a world where demography is not destiny – where all children, regardless of race or family income, have the opportunity to attain an excellent education. We believe great schools have the power to break the cycle of poverty and propel our country to live up to the promise of the American Dream.
At Roots Elementary we nurture our scholars’ innate sense of wonder and help them develop the tools they need to convert it into a lifetime opportunity. Roots scholars not only get a rigorous academic foundation, but also develop healthy social and emotional habits and gain exposure to the world in ways which will prompt them to become insatiable lifelong learners.
We are guided in our work by the following beliefs:
- Love Learning. Scholars should fall in love with learning and become lifelong learners.
- Experience the World. Scholars experiences should expand their understanding of others and the world around them.
- Discover Unique Identity. Scholars should follow their individual curiosity to discover their unique identity.
- Rigorous Data-Driven Instruction. We should use data to personalize instruction and refine our approach because the time is short and the need is great.
- Strong Social and Emotional Habits. We should invest in building close and caring relationships with each other, our scholars, their families and among our scholars. Social and emotional habits can be learned and therefore must be taught.
If you share our passion for cultivating wonder into a lifetime of opportunity, we’d love to hear from you.
Review the roles below and if you find one which fits you, fill out our online application by clicking here!
ROLES AVAILABLE FOR 2018-2019:
Executive Director (Also read Our Philosophy)